Your Privacy Rights
All businesses engaged in commercial activities in Canada must comply with the Canadian Standards Association Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information, which it incorporates. The Act gives you rights concerning the privacy of your personal information. Eat Impact is responsible for the personal information we collect and hold. To ensure this accountability, we have developed this policy, and trained our representatives about our policies and practices.
Why Does Eat Impact Need Personal Information
We use your personal information for internal purposes. We do not share this information outside Eat Impact except with our approved agents, who help us to provide the service(s) you have requested. All of our approved agents are required to provide a level of privacy protection comparable to that provided in this policy and are not permitted to use your information for any other purpose, such as to market to you. We do not sell, rent or trade in personal information.
What personal information do we collect?
“Personal information” is any information that identifies you, or by which your identity could be deduced. Please note that “personal information” does not include either aggregate information that does not allow an individual to be identified, information about your visit to our websites which is not linked to you, information about your computer’s operating system and web browser software (this technical information is verified to ensure that our websites are optimized to serve our customers) or, the name, title or business address or phone telephone number of an employee of an organization.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. Wherever possible we collect your personal information in an active fashion directly from you. Sometimes we may obtain information about you from other sources for example, as an example, passively by recording data on the history of your acquisition of services from us.
In all cases, we will ask you to specifically consent if we collect, use, or disclose your personal information. Normally, we ask for your consent in writing, but in some circumstances, we may accept your oral consent, which we will document. In all cases, our goal is to ensure compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
Use of Your Information
We use your personal information to provide our services to you, to administer our client databases and to include you in any of our direct marketing activities. If you tell us that you no longer wish to receive information about our services we will not send any further material. Eat Impact does not disclose your personal information to any third party to enable them to market their products and services. Your consent to our use of your personal information can be withdrawn at any time by following the directions at the end of this policy. Eat Impact will retain your personal information for only the period of time which is reasonable under the circumstances and once your personal information is no longer required for the purposes discussed above, it will be deleted.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
Under certain circumstances, Eat Impact will disclose your personal information:
- when we are required or authorized by law to do so, for example if a court issues a subpoena;
- when you have consented to the disclosure;
- when the services we are providing to you requires us to give your information to third parties, your consent will be implied, unless you tell us otherwise;
- where it is necessary to establish or collect fees;
- if the information is already publicly known.
Updating Your Information
Is My Personal Information Secure?
Eat Impact takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Among the steps taken to protect your information are:
- premises security;
- restricted file access to personal information to only those with a need to know;
- deploying technological safeguards like security software and firewalls to prevent hacking or unauthorized computer access;
- secure disposal of personal information no longer needed; and
- screening and training of personnel.
Eat Impact cannot, however, guarantee that loss, misuse or unauthorized use will never occur (e.g. that someone will overcome our security measures). If you receive any electronic communication which purports to be from Eat Impact that you have any questions or concerns about, please contact us. Spam, improper use, and pirating of domain names and email addresses is a growing problem, so we appreciate hearing about incidents in order that we may investigate them and provide you with the best customer service.
Access to Your Personal Information
Eat Impact attempts to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date for the purposes for which it is used. If Eat Impact holds information about you and you can establish that it is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, Eat Impact will take reasonable steps to correct it.
Communicating with Us
You should be aware that any channel of communication, such as e-mail, is not 100% secure, and you should be aware of this when contacting us to send personal or confidential information.
Questions or Comments
If you have any questions, complaints or wish to access your personal information, please write to our corporate headquarters at:
565 Bryne Drive – Unit H&I
Barrie, Ontario, L4N9Y3
We encourage you to investigate and review the privacy practices of those sites prior to use. On our website, like most other commercial websites, we may monitor traffic patterns, site usage and related site information in order to optimize our web service, solutions and offerings. We may provide aggregated information to third parties, but these statistics do not include any identifiable personal information.
When you interact with our websites, we may use a browser feature, known as a “cookie” (which is a small computer file), to verify non-identifiable information about visitors to our websites and measure visitor traffic patterns. We do this to maintain the best possible websites. When you first visit our websites, the website manager may have implemented a program that creates a small computer file stored on your computer’s hard drive. We ensure that the minimum information required is placed in the cookie only so that we can recognize returning website visitors.
The cookie does not contain personal information and we will not combine information in the cookie with personal information that would enable us to identify you individually. On subsequent visits to the website, our server communicates with your computer, reads the cookie, recognizes and confirms that you are a returning visitor. Our server uses this information to provide you with a “short cut” that facilitates the quickest, most efficient and best possible website experience. Most browser software allows you to delete cookies. You should consult your ISP for information on how to delete cookies. This may interfere with our ability to personalize your experience at our websites and be recognized, or may slow down performance.
Website users are not permitted to:
(1) distribute, use or make copies of, or otherwise duplicate any materials contained on the www.eatimpact.ca except as expressly authorized under these Terms or authorized by Eat Impact.
(2) make the websites, or any materials contained on the websites, available to any unauthorized third party;
(3) sell, loan, rent, lease, re-license, sublicense, transmit, distribute, re-distribute, or timeshare the Website, or create any Internet “link” to the websites without prior express written authorization from Eat Impact, or “frame” or “mirror” the materials or services contained on or accessible from the websites on any other server or Internet-based device;
(4) cause or permit the reverse engineering, disassembly, decompilation of, or any other attempt to derive any software comprising or available through the Website, except to the extent permitted by law; or
(5) remove, alter, amend, or otherwise tamper with any titles, trademarks, copyright, restricted rights notices, or other proprietary rights legend, or any license agreement, included or provided with the websites.
In addition, without limitation, You agree not to use www.eatimpact.ca to
(6) to harvest, collect, gather or assemble any Materials for other than internal, noncommercial use;
(7) to harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users, including email addresses, without their consent;
(8) to transmit or post any material or information which is unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, threatening, harmful, abusive, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable; (d) to transmit any material that may infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, including any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, or right of publicity;
(9) to transmit any material that contains software viruses or other harmful or deleterious computer code, files or programs such as trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots;
(10) to interfere with or disrupt servers or networks connected to the websites, or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks;
(11) to attempt to gain unauthorized access to the websites, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the websites, through password mining or any other means; or
(12) to harass or interfere with another user’s use and enjoyment of the website
Eat Impact will not share your information with any outside source without first obtaining your written permission with the exception of third-party services that are required to operate our business such as payment gateways, delivery routing software, customer support ticketing software and so on. None of these companies are authorized to contact you or otherwise sell your personal information.
Join the Rescue Mission
Save money, help fix the food system and occasionally get a vegetable that will make you laugh.